Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me.

So, um, yeah. Today I have officially been unemployed for six months. In quitting my job, I envisioned days of lattes while watching the children frolic and play; sitting at the table enjoying lively table time activities while the children's lives were enriched with my knowledge of all things exciting; field trips to museums and parks to learn more about our new home.

Then reality hit: We did have ONE day where the children frolicked while I drank a latte. One two-hour period in six months. We still don't have a table, so table time has been a wash. And lord knows, the temper tantrums and public humilitation that come with going out in public with the two kids on my own have completely quashed any interest in field trips.

So now what? I'm still not sure. I may work - but I'm feeling pretty particular. I really don't think I want to get into another admin job. It certainly isn't very fulfilling - and I still want the flexibility to volunteer at the kids' school. I read somewhere recently, that when one is at a crossroads, you should follow your passions... Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment